Agnes Monica performing as a guest star at the Asian Idol in 2007
|Birth name||Agnes Monica Muljoto|
|Born||1 July 1986 (1986-07-01)|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, actress, dancer, record producer, presenter, fashion designer|
In 2003, she released her fourth studio album And the Story Goes, which marked her transition from a child singer to a female artist. On her fifth studio album, Whaddup A.. '?! (2005), she collaborated with American R&B singer Keith Martin. She also appeared in two Taiwanese drama series, The Hospital and Romance In the White House. She participated in the 2008 and 2009 Asia Song Festival in Seoul, South Korea, and received "Best Asian Artist Award" at each event. Agnes took creative control of her sixth studio album, Sacredly Agnezious (2009), for which she served as the producer and songwriter. In 2010, she was appointed as one of the judges on the talent show Indonesian Idol and was also one of the international hosts of the red carpet at the American Music Awards of 2010 in Los Angeles.
In addition to her commercial success, Agnes is the most-awarded Indonesian singer. She has received numerous awards, including ten Anugerah Musik Indonesia awards, seven Panasonic Awards, and four MTV Indonesia Awards. She was also honored with a Nugraha Bhakti Musik Indonesia (NBMI) from the Indonesian Ministry of Culture and Tourism and the Singers, Songwriters, and Music Record Producers Association of Indonesia (PAPPRI) for her contribution and support for the Indonesian music industry. She was also appointed as an anti-drug ambassador of Asia, and as the ambassador of MTV EXIT to combat human trafficking.
Throughout her career, she has often been controversial in Indonesia. When she was a teenager, her frequent comments about her goal to break into the international market was viewed by some as a pompous proclamation. In 2010, however, she signed with Sony/ATV Music Publishing and began work on a debut English studio album. Consequently, her slogan "Dream, Believe, and Make it Happen" was used in a 2011 cultural conference to inspire young people organized by the US Embassy in Jakarta.
 Life and career
 1986–2002: Childhood and early careerAgnes Monica was born in Jakarta, Indonesia, on 1 July 1986 to a family of Chinese ancestry. She is the youngest child of Jenny Siswono, a former table tennis player, and Ricky Muljoto, a former badminton player. Her older brother, Steve Muljoto, is her manager. She attended Tarakanita elementary school and Pelita Harapan junior high school. Her talent for the performing arts was evident in her childhood, especially in singing; she sang in church and attended vocal courses.
Agnes entered the entertainment industry in 1992, when she was six years old, and released her first children's album, Si Meong. In 1995, she released her second children's album, Yess!, which includes a duet with fellow Indonesian child singer Eza Yayang. The album significantly boosted her popularity and was named "Best Children's Album" in 1999. Her last children's album, Bala-Bala, was released the following year. Agnes also became the host for several children's programs, including Video Anak Anteve (VAN) on Anteve, Tralala-Trilili on RCTI, and Diva Romeo on Trans TV. She was awarded "Most Favorite Presenter of Children's Program" at the Panasonic Awards in 1999 and 2000 for Tralala-Trilili.
Agnes began acting as a teenager. Her first two roles were on the soap operas Lupus Millennia and Mr Hologram in 1999. The next year, she starred in the TV series Pernikahan Dini, which served as a turning point in her career by transforming her image from that of a child artist to one of a teenage artist. The production was well received by audiences, and she received the "Favorite Actress" award at the 2001 and 2002 Panasonic Awards, as well as the "Popular Actress" award at the 2002 SCTV Awards. In 2002, Agnes starred in three soap operas, Ciuman Pertama, Kejar Daku Kau Ku Tangkap, and Amanda. Due to her popularity, she became the highest-paid teenage artist in Indonesia.
Agnes also recorded songs in her early teens, including "Pernikahan Dini" and "Seputih Hati" for the soundtrack of Pernikahan Dini, both of which are featured on the 2001 compilation album Love Theme. The following year, she collaborated with the Indonesian senior singer Yana Julio in the song "Awan dan Ombak" for his studio album Jumpa Lagi.
 2003–2004: And The Story GoesAnd the Story Goes. In this album, she worked with several famed Indonesian producers and songwriters, including Ahmad Dhani, Melly Goeslaw, and Titi DJ. The album production took a year and a half, including the audition process for the dancers. According to her record label, Aquarius Musikindo, the album sold 35,000 copies before its official release. It was later certified double platinum after selling more than 300,000 copies. The album won three awards after receiving ten nominations at the 2004 Anugerah Musik Indonesia Awards—the highest music awards in Indonesia. They were "Best Female Solo Pop Artist" for the song "Jera", "Best Dance/Techno Production" for the song "Bilang Saja", and "Best Duo/Group" for her duet with Ahmad Dhani in "Cinta Mati". She also won "Best Female Newcomer" at the 2004 Anugerah Planet Muzik awards in Singapore. Because of her success at a young age, she was dubbed a "Young Diva" by members of the media. At this point, she started broaching the idea of an international career.
In addition to promoting her debut album, Agnes also starred in several TV series during this time, playing the lead role in three: Cewekku Jutek, Bunga Perawan, and Cantik. She won "Favorite Actress" at the 2003 Panasonic Awards and "Famous Actress" at 2004 SCTV Awards.
In 2004, after graduating from Pelita Harapan senior high school, Agnes enrolled at Pelita Harapan University, where she majored in Business Law.
 2005–2007: Whaddup A.. '?!Agnes launched her second studio album, Whaddup A.. '?!, on 10 December 2005. It featured five singles: "Bukan Milikmu Lagi", "Tanpa Kekasihku", "Tak Ada Logika", "Cinta Di Ujung Jalan", and "Tak Mungkin". In addition to working with Indonesian musicians such as Melly Goeslaw, Andi Rianto, and Erwin Gutawa, she also collaborated with American singer-songwriter Keith Martin. Martin wrote two English songs for the album, including the duet "I'll Light a Candle". To promote the album, Agnes held a concert tour known as Clasnezenzation in four Indonesian cities: Bandar Lampung, Surabaya, Bandung, and Makassar. The album was commercially successful and she won two 2006 Anugerah Musik Indonesia awards for "Best Female Pop Artist" and "Best R&B Production". She also won the "Most Favorite Female" award at the 2006 MTV Indonesia Awards. Selling more than 450,000 copies, the album was one of the top-selling albums of 2006 and was certified triple platinum.
In 2005, Agnes appeared in the Taiwanese drama The Hospital, co-starring with Jerry Yan, a member of the Taiwanese boyband F4. She also appeared with Peter Ho in several episodes of the Taiwanese drama Romance in the White House, and starred in two Indonesian soap operas, Ku Tlah Jatuh Cinta and Pink, both televised on Indosiar. In 2006, she starred in the RCTI soap opera Kawin Muda. She also decided to take a break from her education that year to focus on her entertainment career.
In early 2007, Agnes was appointed by the United States of America's Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the International Drug Enforcement Conference (IDEC) Far East Region as an Asian anti-drug ambassador. On 15 May 2007, she was an opening act for American R&B group Boyz II Men at a concert in Istora Senayan, Jakarta, and on 23 June of that year, she held her first concert at Stadium Negara in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She also guest starred in the finale of Asian Idol on 16 December 2007, and performed the song "Get Up".
 2008–2009: Sacredly AgneziousIn 2008, Agnes began working on her third studio album. She released the first single, "Matahariku", earlier than she had planned. It became her best-selling single, with sales of three million ringback tone downloads within nine months. The song received the "Most Favorite Female" award at the 2008 MTV Indonesia Awards and the "Best Female Solo Pop Artist" award at the 2009 Anugerah Musik Indonesia awards. In September 2008, she released the second single, "Godai Aku Lagi", which she wrote herself. She also released a mini album containing the two singles. That same year she starred in the RCTI soap opera Jelita.
On 4 October 2008, Agnes was invited as the Indonesian representative at the Asia Song Festival. The event was organized by the Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange in Seoul, South Korea. She performed with 24 artists from 12 Asian countries. The event was viewed by an audience of 35,000 at the Seoul World Cup Stadium and was broadcast in 30 countries. She performed two of her songs, "Godai Aku Lagi" and "Shake It Off". During the performance, she incorporated elements of Indonesian traditional dance from Bali. Her performance received positive responses from the Korean media and won the committee's "Best Asian Artist Award". The following year, she was invited again and performed three songs: "Shake It Off", "Temperature", and Michael Jackson's "Heal the World". This time, 14 artists from across Asia participated and it was viewed by an audience of 40,000. As was the case with her previous performance, Agnes received good reviews and earned the "Best Asian Artist Award".
Agnes launched her third studio album on 1 April 2009, Sacredly Agnezious. This time, she was involved more in the album production. She worked with the renowned musicians Erwin Gutawa, Dewiq, Pay, and DJ Sumantri. She also acted as producer and songwriter. In addition to the two previous singles, "Matahariku" and "Godai Aku Lagi", she produced two more singles: "Teruskanlah" and "Janji–Janji". At the 2010 Anugerah Musik Indonesia awards, she won three awards: "Best Pop Album", "Best Female Pop Solo Artist", and "Best of the Best Album". On 23 May 2009, she appeared as a guest star at the "Festival of Life" in Bali. The celebration commemorated the 50-year anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Indonesia and Japan.
Having already taken an extended break from the Pelita Harapan University, Agnes withdrew from the school. She then began taking distance education classes as a Political Science major at Oregon State University.
 2010–present: Upcoming international projectIn 2010, Agnes served as a judge on Indonesian Idol season 6. Her selection for the panel caused controversy because of her age. That year, she was also appointed as an ambassador of the MTV EXIT (End Exploitation and Trafficking) organization, which combats human trafficking, for which she performed at benefit concerts in Surabaya and Jakarta.
In late 2010, Agnes experienced a breakthrough into the international market when she was chosen as an international red carpet host for the annual American Music Awards on 21 November 2010 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Several months later, she announced that she had signed to Sony/ATV Music Publishing and was working on her debut English studio album in London and Los Angeles. In early 2011, she also recorded a duet version of "Said I Loved You...But I Lied" with the American singer Michael Bolton for his compilation album, Gems: The Duets Album. The duet was released in the album's international version in Asia. The next year, she was nominated in the Worldwide Acts Asia Pacific Nominees category for the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards. Consequently, her slogan "Dream, Believe, and Make it Happen" was used in a 2011 cultural conference to inspire young people organized by the US Embassy in Jakarta.
Agnes released a greatest hits album Agnes Is My Name on 2 February 2011. The album compiled her top hit singles and two new songs, "Karena Ku Sanggup" and "Paralyzed". The album sold one million copies in three months, earning her the "Million Awards" award from Indonesian KFC, which had helped market the album. "Karena Ku Sanggup" won her the "Best Pop Female Singer" award at the 2011 AMI Awards. She also won the "Most Inbox Video Clip" award at the 2011 Inbox Awards. The award, presented by SCTV, was given for the song "Paralyzed", which was made in Indonesia and the United States.
Agnes was selected as a performer for the 26th SEA Games 2011 Opening Ceremony, with KC Concepcion from the Philippines and the Malaysian singer Jaclyn Victor. Their performance of "Together We Will Shine" was the highlight of the event.
In early 2012, Agnes returned as judge for Indonesian Idol season 7. She's pending her international album for the Idol deal.
In March 2012, she was nominated for the American Nickleodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012 of new category Favorite Asian Act.
 ArtistryAgnes has been noted as a powerful soprano with a range of four octaves. Her use of whistle register in her songs "Karena Ku Sanggup" and "Rindu" has also garnered attention. Her songs can be classified as pop, R&B, or hip-hop, and she has named Aretha Franklin, Jill Scott, Angie Stone, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Fantasia, and Beyoncé as her musical influences, though she is often compared to American singers such as Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. In addition to her singing talent, she is also known as a strong dancer and actress. She is the only Indonesian soloist with a personal dance group, known as Nezindahood. They auditioned during the development of her first album in 2003. She has also written some of her songs and produced her own music videos. She has been described as a perfectionist with a variety of talents by Indonesian commentators.
 Honors and awardsAgnes has become the most-awarded Indonesia singer. Notable awards she has won include ten Anugerah Musik Indonesia, seven Panasonic Awards, and four MTV Indonesia Awards. She has also received many international awards, including an Anugerah Planet Muzik award and two Best Asian Artist Awards. For her contribution and support to Indonesian music, she was given the 2011 Nugraha Bhakti Musik Indonesia (NBMI) award from The Minister of Culture and Tourism and Association of Indonesian Singers, Songwriters and Music Record Producers.
 Relationships and personal lifeAgnes is close about her personal relationships and she often said that having a boyfriend is not her priority in life. She also stated that personal relationships should remain private. However, in November 2007 it was revealed that she was involved in a relationship with Dirly, the runner-up of Indonesian Idol season 3, although the relationship didn't last long.
 FundraisingAgnes has conducted fundraising activities for victims of the 2004 Tsunami in Aceh and the 2006 earthquake in Java. In 2009, Agnes visited Situ Gintung, where a dam failure had caused flooding. She also donated a sum of money to relief efforts and performed several of her songs for the victims. Agnes also helped raise over Rp 400 million (approx. US$44,000 as of December 2011) for Persis, an association football team based in Surakarta, through a benefit concert held at the Diamond Convention Center in Surakarta. In 2011, she participated at The Save Teen Charity Concert in Jakarta, a benefit concert to raise money to help teenagers who have dropped out of school.
 DiscographyThroughout her career, Agnes has released 6 studio albums (the first three are children's albums), 1 mini album, and 1 greatest hits album.
 Television series
- VAN (Video Anak Anteve) – Anteve
- Tralala-Trilili – RCTI
- Diva Romeo – Trans TV
- MTV Ampuh Indonesia (guest host in 2005) - Global TV
- American Music Awards of 2010 – ABC Channel
 Notes and references
- Cordova, Cozy (2007). Jangan Mau Jadi Cewek Biasa: Muda, Kaya, Ternama! Bagaimana Bisa?. Kawan Pustaka. ISBN 9789797572150.
- Karsito, Eddie (2008). Menjadi Bintang: Kiat Sukses Jadi Artis Panggung, Film, dan Televisi. Ufuk Publishing House. ISBN 602-8224-33-8.
- Putranto, Wendi (2009). Rolling Stone Muc Biz: Manual Cerdas Menguasai Bisnis Musik. PT Mizan Publika. ISBN 9789792438673.
- ^ "Nugraha Bhakti Musik Indonesia 2010" (in Indonesian). Musisi Indonesia. 24 March 2011. http://www.musisiindonesia.com/news/news-musisi/148-elfa-secioria.html. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- ^ a b "Ambassador Marciel and Agnes Monica Inspire English Students to Chase Their Dreams". Jakarta US Embassy. 9 May 2011. http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/pr05092011.html. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- ^ "Generasi Oksigen Petai Cina [The Chinese Petai Oxygen Generation]" (in Indonesian). Gatra. 21 August 2002. http://www.gatra.com/artikel.php?id=19900. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f Jayani (21 April 2003). "Agnes Monica Mewarisi Semangat Maestro dari Ibu [Agnes Monica Inherits Maestro Spirit from Her Mother]" (in Indonesian). Gatra. http://www.gatra.com/2003-04-30/artikel.php?id=27536. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Terus Bergerak [Keep Moving]" (in Indonesian). Suara Merdeka. http://www.suaramerdeka.com/harian/0612/10/bincang02.html. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Percaya Tim Keluarga [Agnes Monica Believes in Family Team]" (in Indonesian). Tempo Interaktif. 3 November 2008. http://majalah.tempointeraktif.com/id/arsip/2008/11/03/PT/mbm.20081103.PT128668.id.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ a b c d "Agnes Monica, 'Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman'" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 17 December 2005. http://www.kapanlagi.com/ragam/selebritia/agnes-monica-not-a-girl-not-yet-a-woman.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica: Ikon Kontroversi, Kehebohan & Kesuksesan [Agnes Monica: A Controversy, Craze, and Success Icon]" (in Indonesian). Tembang.com. http://www.tembang.com/profil/?i=201. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f g Triwik Kurniasari (29 August 2010). "Agnes Monica: And the success story goes...." (in Indonesian). The Jakarta Post. http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/08/29/agnes-monica-and-success-story-goes.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica – Bala-Bala". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjUpaXXJv_c. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- ^ "Mengembangkan Bakat atau Eksploitasi Ekonomi Anak? [Developing Talents or Exploiting Children?]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 14 May 2004. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/selebriti/mengembangkan-bakat-atau-eksploitasi-ekonomi-anak-qc96c8y.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Love Theme: Sinetronnya Kalah Menarik ! [Love Theme: The film is less interesting]" (in Indonesian). Tembang.com. http://www.tembang.com/resensi/detail.asp?id=93. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Yana Julio Coba Rangkul Penggemar Baru [Yana Julio tries to get new fans]" (in Indonesian). Tembang.com. http://www.tembang.com/resensi/detail.asp?id=145. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ a b "Agnes Monica Rilis Album And The Story Goes [Agnes Monica releases And The Story Goes Album]" (in Indonesian). Tembang.com. http://www.tembang.com/info_detail.asp?id=1617&kategori=news. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- ^ a b "Agnes Monica: Album Barunya Sudah Lepas 35 Ribu Keping! [Agnes Monica: Her New Album Has Already Sold 35 Thousand Copies!]". Tembang.com. 9 October 2003. http://www.tembang.com/info_detail.asp?id=1629&kategori=news. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- ^ a b "Whaddup A?! Album Baru Agnes Monica Bareng Keith Martin [Whaddup A?!, Agnes Monica's Newest Album Presents Keith Martin]" (in Indonesian). Tembang.com. http://www.tembang.com/info_detail.asp?id=2582&kategori=news. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ a b "AMI Awards 2004: Agnes Monica Raih Tiga Penghargaan [AMI Awards 2004: Agnes Monica Receives Three Awards]" (in Indonesian). Suara Merdeka. 17 December 2004. http://www.suaramerdeka.com/harian/0412/17/nas07.htm. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Mencari Makna Persahabatan Sejati [Agnes Monica Is Looking For the Meaning of Real Friendship]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 21 May 2004. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/televisi/agnes-monica-mencari-makna-persahabatan-sejati-nkjhfft.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Official > Profile > Achievements". Agnes Monica's Official Website. http://www.agnesmonicaofficial.com/profile/. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Berstatus Mahasiswi Pelita Harapan [Agnes Monica Is a Student of Universitas Pelita Harapan]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 24 April 2004. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/selebriti/agnes-monica-berstatus-mahasiswi-pelita-harapan-xmiec3f.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Lari Keliling Senayan [Running Around Senayan]" (in Indonesian). Suara Merdeka. 1 February 2006. http://www.suaramerdeka.com/harian/0602/01/bud4.htm. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) 2006: Samsons dan Agnes Monica Sabet Berbagai Kategori [Samsons and Agnes Monica Grab Various Categories]" (in Indonesian). Gatra. 21 December 2006. http://www.gatra.com/2007-01-01/artikel.php?id=100480. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica-Favorite Female Artist MTV Indonesia Award 2006". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wthWHCRAaD0. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ Putranto 2009, p. 109
- ^ Cordova 2007, p. 12
- ^ Dian, Yulia (9 March 2006). "Romance in the White House" (in Indonesian). Detikhot.com. http://www.detikhot.com/read/2006/03/09/130756/555642/221/romance-in-the-white-house. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "'KU T'LAH JATUH CINTA' Sinetron Terbaru Agnes Monica di Indosiar ['KU T'LAH JATUH CINTA' IS Agnes Monica's Newest Soap Opera]". KapanLagi.com. 19 January 2005. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/televisi/ku-t-lah-jatuh-cinta-sinetron-terbaru-agnes-monica-di-indosiar-wwzu0m8.html. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "'PINK', Sinetron Remaja Yang 'Gue Banget' ['PINK', The Soap Opera That Reflects Me]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 4 April 2006. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/televisi/pink-sinetron-remaja-yang-gue-banget-2ywnjq7.html. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ a b Hasan, Nur (14 October 2006). "Dahulukan Karir Agnes Cuti Kuliah [Putting Career First, Agnes Takes a Break from College]" (in Indonesian). detikHot.com. http://us.detikhot.com/read/2006/10/14/144748/695606/230/dahulukan-karir-agnes-monica-cuti-kuliah-lagi. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica One of Class Music Heroes". Asianbite. 8 March 2009. http://www.asianbite.com/default.asp?display=2568. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ Putra, Fajar Anugerah (21 March 2007). "Agnes Monica Kepincut Narkoba [Agnes Monica Is Drawn to Drugs]" (in Indonesian). Detikhot.com. http://www.detikhot.com/read/2007/03/21/090231/756445/230/agnes-monica-kepincut-narkoba. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Konser Agnes Monica di Malaysia Sepi Penonton [Agnes Monica's Concert Has Little Audience]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 26 June 2007. http://musik.kapanlagi.com/berita/konser-agnes-monica-di-malaysia-sepi-penonton-r0quyxe.html. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Royalti untuk Mbah Surip [Royalties for Mbah Surip]" (in Indonesian). Kompas. 13 August 2009. http://entertainment.kompas.com/read/2009/08/13/e105400/royalti.untuk.mbah.surip. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Rajai Ajang MTV [Agnes Monica Rule MTV Awards]" (in Indonesian). Suara Karya. 30 November 2009. http://www.suarakarya-online.com/news.html?id=241023. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ Herman, Ami (27 April 2009). "Agnes Monica Pelanggan Trofi Terbaik [Agnes Monica Is the Best Awards Receiver]" (in Indonesian). Suara Karya. http://www.suarakarya-online.com/news.html?id=225463. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Gebrak Pembajak [Agnes Monica Surprises Copyright Infrigers]" (in Indonesian). Kompas. 21 September 2008. http://entertainment.kompas.com/read/2008/09/21/e042641/agnes.monica.gebrak.pembajak. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ Mahgriefie, Lusi Catur (20 February 2008). "Agnes Monica Susah Diubah Menjadi Orang Miskin [Agnes Monica Is Hard to Change to Look Like A poor Person]" (in Indonesian). Okezone.com. http://celebrity.okezone.com/read/2008/02/20/206/85302/agnes-monica-susah-diubah-menjadi-orang-miskin. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (5 October 2008). "5th Asia Song Festival Bigger Than Ever". The Korea Times. http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2010/08/135_32160.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Girls’ Generation in Asia Song Fest". The Korea Times. 25 July 2009. http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2009/12/135_49067.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Asia Song Festival 2008: Well Done, Agnes Monica!". Asianbite. 10 October 2008. http://www.asianbite.com/default.asp?Display=2040. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "The 6rd Asia Song Festival". Asia Song Festival. http://www.asf.or.kr/html_en/sub01_03_2009.asp. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ ""아송페, 아이돌 송 페스티벌?"…화려함 속 아쉬움 '셋(종합)" (in Korean). Yahoo! Korea. 20 September 2009. http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?linkid=16&articleid=20090920092300226d9&newssetid=83. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Sacredly Agnezious, Karya Narsis Agnes [Sacredly Agnezious, Agnes' Narcissistic Work]" (in Indonesian). Suara Merdeka. http://remaja.suaramerdeka.com/2009/07/28/sacredly-agnezious-karya-narsis-agnes/. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ Benke, Benny (10 June 2010). "AMI Award 2010: Agnes dan d'Masiv Meraja [AMI Award 2010: Agnes and d'Masiv Rule]" (in Indonesian). Suara Merdeka. http://suaramerdeka.com/v1/index.php/read/entertainmen/2010/06/10/2144/Agnes-dan-dMasiv-Meraja. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Kansai Yamamoto Festival of Life". GWK Cultural Park. 25 May 2009. http://gwk-culturalpark.com/2009/05/kansai-yamamoto-festival-of-life/. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ Diananto, Wayan (28 April 2010). "Agnes Monica Bicara Politik [Agnes Monica Talks about Politic]" (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. http://www.tabloidbintang.com/berita/sosok/2855-agnes-monica-bicara-politik.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Format Baru, 'INDONESIAN IDOL 2010' Gaet Agnes Monica [New Format, 'INDONESIAN IDOL 2010' Presents Agnes Monica]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. 8 January 2010. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/televisi/format-baru-indonesian-idol-2010-gaet-agnes-monica.html. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica: Lihat Prestasi, Bukan Umur [Agnes Monica: Look At Her Achievements, Not Her Age]" (in Indonesian). Kompas. 31 March 2010. http://entertainment.kompas.com/read/2010/03/31/13513865/Agnes.Monica.Lihat.Prestasi..Bukan.Umur. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Galakkan Anti Perdagangan Manusia [Campaigning Anti Human Trafficking]" (in Indonesian). Batavia.co.id. 29 April 2010. http://bataviase.co.id/node/189656. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ "USAID Supports MTV EXIT Concert Tour to Combat Human Trafficking – Agnes Monica Headlines Jakarta Concert". Embassy of the US website. http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/pr_04262010.html. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ P, Hadriani (22 November 2010). "Agnes Monica Manggung di American Music Awards 2010 [Agnes Monica Sings at American Music Awards 2010]" (in Indonesian). Tempo Interaktif. http://www.tabloidbintang.com/berita/polah/6969-agnes-monica-manggung-di-american-music-awards-2010.html. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Segera Rilis Album Internasional [Agnes Releases an International Album Soon]" (in Indonesian). Jawa Pos National Network. 4 February 2011. http://www.jpnn.com/read/2011/02/04/83652/Agnes-Segera-Rilis-Album-Internasional-. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- ^ "New Album is Coming Along!". Michael Bolton official website. 5 April 2011. http://michaelbolton.com/profiles/blogs/new-album-is-coming-along. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- ^ "Gems: The Duets Album (Asian Edition)". CD Wow!. http://www.cdwow.com/CD/michael-bolton-gems-the-duets-album-asian-edition/dp/23602575/41368811. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^ "Agnes nominated for MTV Europe award". The Jakarta Post. 22 September 2011. http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/09/22/agnes-nominated-mtv-europe-award.html. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Info Terbaru via Tweet [Newest Info about Agnes Monica via Tweet]" (in Indonesian). Cek & Ricek. 28 January 2011. http://cekricek.co.id/agnes-monica-info-terbaru-via-tweet/. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- ^ "Plakat Million Awards Diserahkan ke Agnes Monica [Million Awards Is Given to Agnes Monica]" (in Indonesian). Kapanlagi.com. 14 August 2011. http://www.kapanlagi.com/showbiz/selebriti/plakat-million-awards-diserahkan-ke-agnes-monica.html. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- ^ "Karena Ku Sanggup in AMI AWARDS 2011". Agnezone. 7 July 2011. http://www.agnezone.com/news/145-award-karena-ku-sanggup-in-ami-awards-2011.html. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Video Klip Paling Inbox Disabet Agnes [The Most "Inbox" Video Clip Is Grabbed by Agnes Monica]" (in Indonesian). Andrie Yudhistira. 25 September 2011. http://musik.liputan6.com/inboxawards/201109/355099/video-klip-paling-inbox-disabet-agnes. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Spectacular Opening of the 26th SEA Games 2011". Indonesia's Official Tourism Website. http://www.indonesia.travel/en/news/detail/541/spectacular-opening-of-the-26th-sea-games-in-palembang. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "Here we are, Indonesian Idol 2012 Judges". 30 January 2012. http://music.okezone.com/read/2012/01/30/386/565941/ini-dia-juri-indonesian-idol-2012. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Masuk Nominasi Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012". 1 March 2012. http://hot.detik.com/music/read/2012/03/01/110203/1855213/228/agnes-monica-masuk-nominasi-nickelodeon-kids-choice-awards-2012.
- ^ "VC Karena Ku Sanggup". Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chairG90n48. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica – Rindu". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4cXIPbotMU&feature=related. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Official > Profile > About > Influences". Agnes Monica Official Website. http://www.agnesmonicaofficial.com/profile/. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- ^ Kartikawati, Eny (23 December 2005). "Agnes Monica: Seksi, Bodo Amat! [Agnes Monica: Sexy, Who Cares!]" (in Indonesian). Detikhot.com. http://www.detikhot.com/index.php/tainment.read/tahun/2005/bulan/12/tgl/23/time/161106/idnews/505090/idkanal/230. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Berharap Wawancara Beyonce dan Lady Gaga [Agnes Monica Hopes to Interview Beyonce and Lady Gaga]" (in Indonesian). Harian Seputar Indonesia. http://www.seputar-indonesia.com/edisicetak/content/view/357931/. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Jadi Produser Album [Agnes Monica Becomes an Album Producer]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. http://musik.kapanlagi.com/berita/agnes-monica-luncurkan-album-baru_print.html. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Rayakan Perayaan Imlek di jakarta [Agnes Monica Celebrates Chinese New Year in Jakarta]" (in Indonesian). KapanLagi.com. http://youtube.kapanlagi.com/indonesia/s/sheza_idris/agnes-monica-ramaikan-perayaan-imlek-di-jakarta.html. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- ^ Praditya, Putra (9 June 2011). "Mau Agnes Monica atau Koes Plus? [Choose Agnes Monica or Koes Plus?]" (in Indonesian). Kemayoran City. http://kemayorancity.com/varia/detail/34. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- ^ Diananto, Wayan (27 April 2010). "Cowok-cowok di dekat Agnes Monica [Men close to Agnes Monica]" (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. http://www.tabloidbintang.com/berita/polah/2825-cowok-cowok-di-dekat-agnes-monica.html. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Tertutup Soal Asmara [Agnes Monica is Close about Her Relationships]" (in Indonesian). Cumi-cumi.com. 26 January 2011. http://www.cumicumi.com/posts/2011/01/26/17332/26/agnes-monica-tertutup-soal-asmara.html?p=4. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- ^ "Dirly 'Idol' Tak Bantah Pacari Agnes Monica [Dirly 'Idol' doesn't deny dating Agnes Monica]" (in Indonesian). DetikHot. 8 November 2007. http://us.hot.detik.com/index.php/tainment.read/tahun/2007/bulan/11/tgl/08/time/184624/idnews/850190/idkanal/230. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Gandeng Rizky Aditya [Agnes Monica Dates Rizky Aditya]" (in Indonesian). DetikHot. 22 July 2009. http://showbiz.liputan6.com/read/237895/agnes-monica-gandeng-rizky-aditya. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Nyanyi di Situ Gintung [Agnes Monica sings at Situ Gintung]" (in Indonesian). VIVAnews.com. 21 April 2009. http://us.showbiz.vivanews.com/news/read/50986-agnes_monica_nyanyi_di_situ_gintung. Retrieved 5 May 2009.
- ^ "Agnes raises money for the soccer team". The Jakarta Post. 20 January 2009. http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/01/20/agnes-raises-money-soccer-team.html. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- ^ "Agnes Monica Sihir Penonton di Save Teen Charity [Agnes Monica Enchants the Audience at the Save Teen Charity Concert]". http://www.pelitaonline.com/read/hiburan/nasional/26/10570/agnes-monica-sihir-penonton-di-save-teen-charity/.
- ^ Nezmon (18 December 2008). "Agnes Monica At MTVAmpuh100 2005 #1" (in Indonesian and english). Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb3RpHn_43o. Retrieved 10 March 2012.